Sunday 26 February 2012

Is this the saddest face ever?

Woke up this morning to find Ruby had slashed her chest open and I mean open - ewww again, a big, long hole! - can you see the 'millions' of stitches on her little pink chest (more than double is hiding in the photo)?

We had left the dogs out at night as the whole family was out doing thangs and as it was such a hot night, the dogs would love it!  DD1 put the dogs to bed late and said that she didn't really notice anything different about Ruby, and the vet said she thought the wound was less than 6 hours old - which means that it happened to her over night???  While she was safely tucked up in bed!


I got the smallest wriggle of a tail wave when I came home from work today
Made me love her even more.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh no! Poor puppy! Hope the recovery is swift.

Helene said...

poor thing! I've been meaning to tell you, there's a gorgeous whippet that comes to our park and I now want one! I didn't know the breed before, but they're such beautiful dogs! Hope Ruby recovers quickly, that's a really big cut!

willywagtail said...

Aww. No good at all. Great that she is progressing a tad though. Cherrie