Sunday 14 December 2008

Christmas has come early!

How exciting is the doorbell ringing on a Sunday, to find a parcel on the doorstep!!!

"It's for me, it's for me, ....is it for me?"

"It's from Bulgaria?"........







OMG - my doll quilt!!


From Ralitza, of 'Domoshar' all the way across the world from Varna, Bulgaria, to Melbourne, Australia.

Really and truly love it! Thank you so much Ralitza!

The simple colours and simple pattern belie how mesmerising it is for me.....

the lovely quilting 'clouds'....



the eclectic colours that go together, despite not going together?!.....

and the most perfect workmanship.....

the 'handwriting' sewing on the label.....


the hanging sleeve for the wall, because the quilt goes SO DARN WELL with my blinds.....



the most beautiful card of a ribbon-folded angel (which this clever girl made!), some great fabric strips and coasters which match my dining room perfectly!!

Gosh, I love presents, especially handmade ones with such thought and care and design!

See this smile....that's my reflection.....




Some downloadable Christmas tags for all the classmates at school - lollie stuck on the back is essential - gotta keep that sugar level high!




Check out sugarloop and natascha rosenberg


I simply have to send these off to people......


2 comments:

Mistea said...

Now the fat man wont be able to do better than that... You are one lucky recipient - that is one gorgeous quilt I can see why you have a big smile on!

Anonymous said...

I am happy you like it!
I am impressed, you felt it might be for you.

And the fact it matches your blinds and coasters matching your dining room... I believe care and making something especially for someone matters but I never thought sometimes it may result in such matches :). Enjoy them!